MS Ragnvald Jarl,
now MS Sjøkurs, is a former Hurtigruten vessels which were
delivered to the ship owner, The Nordenfjeldske steamship in
July 1956. The ship was built by the German shipyard Blohm &
Voss in Hamburg and went on fixed routes as Hurtigruten in
the period 1956 to 1995.
In 1996, it was changed the ship's name to MS Gann and was
used as a training ship of Rogaland secondary
sjøaspirantskole. In 2007 she was bought by Sørlandets
Mariners Skoleskibs Institution and received its present
name Sjøkurs and used as a training ship at Sørlandets
maritime high school in Kristiansand since 2013.